You must have a valid Access Pennsylvania public library card in order to borrow materials. A “valid” card is a card issued by the library serving the community in which you live and must be current; that is, it cannot be expired. If your library card was issued by a library that is not part of the MCLINC Library Consortium, you must register your card number with us or any MCLINC library in order to use library services here such as borrowing materials and accessing the Internet.
Most items are checked out for three weeks. The exceptions are:
- RENTAL BOOKS: 14 days; there is a $1.00 fee
- RENTAL MOVIES: 7 days; there is a $1.00 fee
- NEW BOOKS: 14 days
- INTERLIBRARY LOANS: 14 days
- VIDEO GAMES: 7 days
- DVDs: 7 or 21 days (as indicated on case)
- eReaders: 14 days (Kindle, Nook, iPod)
You may have up to 100 items checked out at a time.
The Library is not responsible for damage to personal equipment resulting from the use of library materials including DVDs, video games, audio cassettes, compact discs, or CD-ROMs.
Most library materials may be renewed if no other patron has placed a reserve on them. Some Library materials are not renewable.
Materials that are overdue more than 30 days may not be renewed in person or by telephone. Those materials must be returned and the fines paid before they may be checked out again.
Library materials may be renewed over the telephone (call the information desk at 215-659-0741) or from the YOUR ACCOUNT link on the right. In order to renew, you must have available your Library card number, your password, and the barcodes of each Library item.
- Adult & YA materials: 20 cents per day per item
- Children’s materials: 15 cents per day per item
- Maximum fine: $8.00 per item, excluding DVDs and videogames and equipment
- Video Games and DVDs: $1.00 per day per item with a maximum of $20 per item.
- Museum Passes and eReaders: $5.00 per day per item
Overdue notices will be mailed for late materials. Charges for damaged items will be assessed at the discretion of the librarian. The charge for lost materials includes the replacement cost plus a processing fee. Materials will be considered overdue if placed in the outside book depository on the day due after the Library has closed. Additional charges will be added if the Library mails a certified letter regarding your overdue materials. Patrons are responsible for all items checked out on their library cards.