Registering for a Library Card
- If you reside or pay property taxes in Upper Moreland Township, you may register for a library card without charge. You must provide proof of Upper Moreland residency when registering.
- Persons under 18 years of age need the signature of a parent or adult guardian to receive a library card. The Library will issue a 60-day temporary card to any Upper Moreland student who does not have a parent with him at the time he needs to check out materials from the Library. To complete the registration process and receive a permanent card, a parent or guardian must visit the Library, provide proof of Upper Moreland residency, and sign the student’s registration form. Some limitations apply with regard to the type and number of items that can be checked out on a temporary card.
- Your Upper Moreland Library card entitles you to use most of the other public libraries in Pennsylvania. Our Library also honors valid cards issued by most other Pennsylvania public libraries.
- For additional details about our registration policies visit our Policies & Procedures page.
You may now apply for a Library card online!
Simply open the library card application, fill it out, and save it to your computer. Then, open your email account and email it as an attachment to email@example.com.
If you do not have an email account, please fill out the registration form, print it out, and bring it with you to the Library. Be sure when printing the registration form that your printer is set to print it as a full page, meaning the document should print on one 8.5″x11″ sheet of paper.
After that, please visit the Library to complete your registration. Be sure to bring proof of your identity (a current photo ID) and proof of your current address (driver’s license, utility bill, signed lease, etc.).
A few other details:
- If you live in Upper Moreland Township, you will receive an Upper Moreland Library Card.
- If you live in another township in Montgomery County, you will receive a temporary library card, and your permanent library card will be mailed to you from your home library.
- If you live in another county in Pennsylvania, you must bring your library card (from your home county) with you in order to complete your registration.
Not sure what township you live in? Visit the U.S. Census Bureau to find out.