Those interested in serving on the Library Board of Trustees should download and complete the application (depending on your browser: click here, or right-click and choose “save link as” to save the blank form to your computer)
The completed application can be saved to your computer or printed. Printed applications can be mailed or dropped off at the library’s information desk. Applications may also be emailed as attachments to [email protected]
Seven volunteer residents of Upper Moreland Township form the library board along with two appointed Upper Moreland Township commissioners.
Ethics Statement for UMFPL Library Trustees
- Trustees in the capacity of trust upon them shall observe ethical standards with absolute truth, integrity and honor.
- Trustees must avoid situations in which personal interests might be served or financial benefits gained at the expense of library users, colleagues, or the situation.
- It is incumbent upon any trustee to disqualify himself/herself immediately whenever the appearance of a conflict of interest exists.
- Trustees must distinguish clearly in their actions and statements between their personal philosophies and attitudes and those of the institution, acknowledging the formal position of the board even if they personally disagree.
- A trustee must respect the confidential nature of library business while being aware and in compliance with applicable laws governing freedom of information.
Library Board of Trustees meetings 2020
2nd Wednesday of each month*
Upper Moreland Free Public Library Community Room** 7:00pm
April 15 (*3rd Wed.) in **UM Township building
January 13, 2021
The meetings are open to the public.
Margie Peters, Executive Director
Upper Moreland Free Public Library
2020 Board of Trustees members:
Juan Suarez Romero, President
Lisa Quinn, Vice President
David Hakes, Treasurer
Melissa Osborne, Secretary
Cheryl Lockard (Appointed Commissioner)
Nicholas Scull (Appointed Commissioner)