About the Board
Current Board of Trustees
Contact the Board
Meeting Location Notice
Apply for 2024 Board positions
The UMFPL Board of Trustees is formed of seven volunteer residents of Upper Moreland Township and an appointed Upper Moreland Township commissioner.
Ethics Statement for UMFPL Library Trustees
- Trustees in the capacity of trust upon them shall observe ethical standards with absolute truth, integrity and honor.
- Trustees must avoid situations in which personal interests might be served or financial benefits gained at the expense of library users, colleagues, or the situation.
- It is incumbent upon any trustee to disqualify himself/herself immediately whenever the appearance of a conflict of interest exists.
- Trustees must distinguish clearly in their actions and statements between their personal philosophies and attitudes and those of the institution, acknowledging the formal position of the board even if they personally disagree.
- A trustee must respect the confidential nature of library business while being aware and in compliance with applicable laws governing freedom of information.
BOT position description and responsibilities
2023 Board of Trustees
Melissa Osborne, President
Moureen Wenik, Vice President & Advocacy committee chair
Jay Silverman, Treasurer & Facilities committee chair
Lisa Quinn, Secretary & Strategic Planning committee chair
Megan Friedmann, Policy committee chair
Tony Giannetti, Board Development committee chair
David Hakes, Finance committee chair
Nicholas Scull (Appointed Commissioner)
UMFPL BOT Contact Form
To speak at a regularly scheduled Board Meeting, please submit the contact form below with your intent to participate before 12:00pm on the Wednesday of each scheduled board meeting.
You may also submit questions or comments directed to the Trustees here. You may receive a reply within a week from the UMFPL executive director or board president. Select your subject from the list below.
Upcoming Board of Trustees meetings will be held in-person
(virtual attendance options are available)
Library Board of Trustees meetings 2023
2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm
January 11, 2023
January 10, 2024
The meetings are open to the public.
Margie Peters, Executive Director
Upper Moreland Free Public Library
Application for Library Board of Trustee
The UMFPL Board of Trustees is actively recruiting qualified residents willing to serve as an unpaid volunteer Trustee for terms beginning January 2024. Review the position description and responsibilities here. Those interested in serving on the Library Board of Trustees should download and complete the application (depending on your browser: click here, or right-click and choose “save link as” to save the blank form to your computer.)
The completed application can be saved to your computer or printed. Printed applications can be mailed or dropped off at the library’s information desk. Applications may also be emailed as attachments to [email protected].